Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Irvine, CA or Remote
Interested in joining a scrappy start-up that’s disrupting the world of business aviation? As the only global business aviation group purchasing organization, we’re writing the book on bringing customers and suppliers together with great services, great rates, and transparent transactions.
AVIAA is looking to add a senior full stack Java developer to add to our team. The role will report to the Director of Engineering, work closely with the head of product and other product team members, and lead the implementation of various products and capabilities within our roadmap. We are a VERY flat organization. The right candidate must be self-directed, creative, have initiative, and be comfortable with an iterative product lifecycle.
- Architect, develop, test, and maintain middle and back-end for web and native solutions
- Brainstorm with larger engineering team to identify innovative strategies and novel solutions to technical and business challenges
- Provide thought leadership on areas of expertise to entire company (leadership, peers, junior resources)
- Work with the product owners and leadership to implement new products, services, and capabilities
- Work with AVIAA’s customer success teams (on the ground agents for members, supplier, partners) to provide support and resolve issues
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- 5-7+ years developing enterprise Java/J2EE applications
- Proficient in analysis, design, and development of large-scale distributed applications
- Experience working with dynamic, rich, single page applications
- Experience creating and integrating third party data and service APIs
- Experience with frontend API design, backend Java developmentSpring, SQL, and JSON
- Experience with administrative and federated dashboard solutions
- Demonstrated aptitude to quickly and effectively adapt to technologies outside of current experience
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently
- Familiarity working with Agile, Lean, or other rapid development methodology
- Familiarity working within continuous release environments
- Experience with business and private aviation
- Knowledge of group purchasing organization models and systems
- Web development knowledge and experience
- Serverless / microservice knowledge
- Long term project maintenance and enhancement involvement
- Personal illustration projects and examples
- BS or higher in science, applied mathematics, computer science, engineering or a similar field
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent job and training experience
- Prior experience in a similar technology environment
SALARY & BONUSES
Salary and bonus to be based on experience.
Full benefits, including medical, dental, disability, and life.
Ownership/stock opportunities available as part of negotiated compensation plan.
Recruitment Agency referrals by invitation only.
N.B. AVIAÂ will only contact you if you are successful in reaching the next stage of recruitment. If you do not hear from us within three weeks, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful in your application.