Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Austin (Preferred), Remote
Interested in joining a scrappy startup that’s disrupting the world of business aviation? As the only global business aviation group purchasing organization, we’re writing the book on bringing customers and suppliers together with great services, great rates, and transparent transactions.
AVIAA is looking for a Senior Java EE Engineer to join our team. The role will report to the head of Engineering, work closely with the product and the broader engineering team, and participate in the implementation of the middle/back-end for various initiatives within our product roadmap (shh… secrets). Note that we are a VERY flat organization, with extensive opportunity to take-on a diverse array of responsibilities. Our working philosophy is GSD, and the right candidate must be self-directed, creative, have initiative, and be comfortable with an iterative product lifecycle.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop, test, and maintain process and code across a number of projects
- Brainstorm with larger engineering team to identify innovative strategies and solutions to technical and business challenges
- Provide input and thought leadership on areas of expertise to company (leadership, peers, junior resources)
- Work with engineering to implement new products and features
- Work with third party partners and customers to support and extend capabilities
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- A passion for process design, code clarity, and testing
- Experience with Java webapp architecture and development
- A drive to debug errors (bugs, high latency, unnecessary processor or memory load), comb through server logs and improve the codebase
- 3-4+ years developing enterprise client/server applications.
- Proficient in analysis, design, and development of front end for large scale dynamic web apps
- Experience developing fast, optimized, and well-maintained code.
- Experience understanding and integrating with APIs, triggering and managing asynchronous method calls, and handling error states.
- Demonstrated aptitude to quickly and effectively adapt to technologies outside of current experience
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently
- Familiarity working within continuous release environments
- Experience with Guice/Spring/other dependency injection and routing frameworks
- Familiarity with Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Heroku, or other cloud providers
- Lessons learned designing and maintaining internal product and external-facing APIs
- Knowledge of or experience with group purchasing organization business model
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent job and training experience
- Prior experience in a similar technology environment
SALARY & BONUSES
- Salary based on experience.
- Equity as part of negotiated compensation plan.
- Discretionary bonus available based on performance.
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, disability, and life.
Recruitment Agency referrals by invitation only.
N.B. AVIAA will only contact you if you are successful in reaching the next stage of recruitment. If you do not hear from us within three weeks, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful in your application.