Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Austin (Preferred), Remote
Interested in joining a scrappy start-up that’s disrupting the world of business aviation? As the only global business aviation group purchasing organization, we’re writing the book on bringing customers and suppliers together with great services, great rates, and transparent transactions.
AVIAA is looking to add a Senior Software Engineer to our team. The role will report to the VP of Engineering, work closely with the head of product and the broader engineering team, and lead the implementation of the middle/front-end for various initiatives within our product roadmap (shh… secrets). We are a VERY flat organization. The right candidate must be self-directed, creative, have initiative, and be comfortable with an iterative product lifecycle.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Architect, develop, test, and maintain the front-end for all of our responsive web applications
- Brainstorm with larger engineering team to identify innovative strategies and solutions to technical and business challenges
- Provide thought leadership on areas of expertise to entire company (leadership, peers, junior resources)
- Work with the product owners and leadership to implement new products and features
- Work with third party partners and customers to support and extend capabilities
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- A passion for slick UX and pixel perfect UI design
- 3-4+ years developing responsive, single page, enterprise web applications
- Robust knowledge of React specifically and JS frameworks generally (React, Angular, Ember, Babel, Backbone, etc)
- Proficient in analysis, design, and development of front end for large scale dynamic web apps.
- Experience developing fast, optimized, responsive front-end code.
- Experience understanding and integrating with APIs, triggering and managing asynchronous method calls, and handling error states.
- Demonstrated aptitude to quickly and effectively adapt to technologies outside of current experience.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently
- Familiarity working with Agile, Lean, or other rapid development methodology
- Familiarity working within continuous release environments.
- Experience with modern design/develop stack (Invision, Zeplin, etc)
- Experience with Node.js and NPM
- Experience with middle layer technologies and services (Spring, JSON, etc)
- Experience with business and private aviation
- Knowledge of or experience with group purchasing organization business model
- BS or higher in science, applied mathematics, computer science, engineering or a similar field
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent job and training experience
- Prior experience in a similar technology environment
SALARY & BONUSES
- Salary and bonus to be based on experience.
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, disability, and life.
- Ownership/stock opportunities available as part of negotiated compensation plan.
Recruitment Agency referrals by invitation only.
N.B. AVIAÂ will only contact you if you are successful in reaching the next stage of recruitment. If you do not hear from us within three weeks, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful in your application.