Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dallas/Fort Worth Area
Interested in improving the world of business aviation procurement? As the only global business aviation group purchasing organization (GPO), we’re writing the book on accelerating value for our suppliers and members with exceptional service, great rates, and operating transparency.
The Supply Chain Leader is responsible for developing the strategy to grow AVIAA’s group purchasing portfolio of contracts for business aviation. In this role, you’ll contribute to all aspects of supply chain strategic sourcing processes including market opportunity identification, category strategy, supplier negotiations, and promoting overall portfolio value to AVIAA’s members. You will be accountable for growing and nurturing a portfolio of supply and service contracts that covers the full spectrum of aviation operator procurement: fuel, ground services, pilot training, data, operations, and maintenance.
You will apply your strategic contracting and sourcing expertise that delivers significant and measurable financial and operational value for members and suppliers. You will develop customized contract strategy recommendations that route customer purchases through the AVIAA portfolio, while improving supplier/member operational efficiencies, maximizing delivered value, and ultimately achieving a higher level of supplier/member satisfaction.
Building strategic alliances and partnerships between suppliers and AVIAA members will be integral to delivering substantial, year-over-year value and executing an annual contracting workplan that is effectively measured with performance-based metrics. You’ll interact with AVIAA leadership, customer support teams, and various levels of AVIAA member personnel. Ability to travel 10%-25% as needed.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop/manage a portfolio of supply/service agreements for business aviation.
- Develop contracting strategies that deliver unique value to members and suppliers.
- Facilitate a competitive bid process by negotiating favorable terms and conditions.
- Serve as primary interface between AVIAA and portfolio of suppliers.
- Develop and manage relationships with internal AVIAA staff, members, and suppliers to ensure satisfaction through effective, timely communication, and problem resolution.
- Work independently with legal team to develop language, draft contracts and negotiate terms and conditions.
- Manage requests for proposal (RFP), bids, awards and negotiations.
- Respond to and bring resolution to pricing, process, and contract related inquiries and discrepancies.
- Recommend and improve existing agreements by interpreting financial analysis and market trends to formulate contract strategy recommendations.
- Develop and ensure appropriate timelines are followed to meet necessary deadlines based on workflow system/contract workplan calendar.
- Work with AVIAA member personnel to understand current member preferences, utilization, and costs.
- Develop processes, policies, technologies, and aligning resources to ensure a consistent and transparent strategy for developing the AVIAA.
- Supply Chain contract portfolio.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Robust knowledge of the financial and operational activities, needs, and nuances of jet owners and operators (aircraft, personnel, processes, etc)
- A passion for business aviation and an ability to develop deep partnerships with member businesses.
- Solid relationships and contacts with aviation suppliers.
5+ years experience working within operations for a multi-aircraft business aviation operator (or related business).
- An understanding of flight planning, maintenance, ground services, training, and other servicing areas critical to business aviation operations.
- An appreciation for the need to introduce innovative thinking within business aviation operations and spending.
- Experience in the development and execution of contract negotiation strategies.
- Must possess strong organizational skills, including the ability to plan, implement, and execute.
- Must demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills in listening and validation, tact, diplomacy, and presentations.
- Capable of presenting complex information in a summary fashion utilizing Microsoft tools.
- Ability to work independently and be disciplined in a remote office environment.
- High energy and willingness to work in an environment where priorities and focus can change routinely.
- Ability to work extra hours and adjust schedule and recognize the need to do so.
- Specific procurement experience within a few spending areas (maintenance, training, fuel, data, ground services, insurance, benefits, etc).
- Relationships and contacts with larger aircraft operators.
- Demonstration of effective skills in conflict management.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including knowledge of financial and statistical information.
- Masters Degree in business or aviation related degrees/certifications.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work/training experience
- Proven experience with business aviation operations/execution
Recruitment Agency referrals by invitation only.
N.B. AVIAA will only contact you if you are successful in reaching the next stage of recruitment. If you do not hear from us within three weeks, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful in your application.