Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Austin (Preferred), Remote
Interested in joining a scrappy startup that’s disrupting the world of business aviation? As the only global business aviation group purchasing organization, we’re writing the book on bringing customers and suppliers together with great services, transparency, and innovative technology.
AVIAA is looking for a Technical Director/Architect to join our team. The role reports directly to the COO/CPO, works closely with company leadership, leads the engineering team, and drives the architecture and development of our broader product platform (both owned and third party). The role is as tactical as it is strategic, with the TAD also an active participant in development. Our working philosophy is GSD, and the right candidate must be a top rate programmer, self-directed, creative, have initiative, and be comfortable with an iterative product lifecycle.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Partner with COO/CPO to develop product strategy and determine technical priorities and roadmap.
- Lead engineering team in identifying and implementing strategies and solutions to challenges, both strategically and tactically.
- Architect and lead dev of technology back-end, services, and other capabilities to achieve product goals.
- Provide company wide thought leadership and guidance on technology and areas of expertise.
- Work with third party partners and customers to extend platforms and achieve business goals.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Mastery of Java webapp architecture, development, and lifecycle.
- Experience with full implementation lifecycle, from ideation to maintenance.
- Deep programming passion/skills, delivering quality code that is scalable, fast, and optimally maintained.
- 7-10+ years developing enterprise client/server applications.
- Proficient in analysis, development, and lifecycle of mid/back end for large scale dynamic web apps.
- Experience with cloud stack mgmt and DevOps, specifically GCP, AWS, and other core cloud platforms.
- Experience with Guice/Spring/other dependency injection and routing frameworks.
- Experience architecting and building APIs and microservice models.
- Experience implementing, working with, and extending MySQL or similar database systems.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and quickly adopt technologies outside of direct experience.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience leading small engineering teams (scrum team size).
- Ability to work independently.
- Familiarity working in continuous release environments.
- Knowledge of or experience with machine learning or data extraction/structuring processes.
- Knowledge of or experience with group purchasing organization business model.
- Knowledge of or experience with general or business aviation industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- Prior experience in a similar technology environment
SALARY & BONUSES
- Salary based on experience.
- Equity as part of negotiated compensation plan.
- Discretionary bonus available based on performance.
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, disability, and life.
Recruitment Agency referrals by invitation only.
N.B. AVIAA will only contact you if you are successful in reaching the next stage of recruitment. If you do not hear from us within three weeks, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful in your application.